SIFF is a non-profit organization and we are committed to our mission of creating experiences that bring people together to discover extraordinary films from around the world. It is through the art of cinema that we foster a community that is more informed, aware, and alive.
To support our mission and our surrounding community, SIFF accepts requests for charitable donations to other non-profit organizations and fundraising events throughout the year. During our 2013 - 2014 cycle, SIFF donated nearly $35,000 in tickets, passes, and memberships for our year-round cinema and annual festival to almost 200 organizations in the Seattle-area.
Donation requests may be submitted during the review period occurring from August 1 through February 1. All requests are reviewed on a first-come first-serve basis by SIFF's Development Department and executive staff. Only one request per organization per cycle is accepted for review. Organizations will receive notification of the status of their request within one to two weeks from the date the request is submitted.
The window to request a donation is closed.
Guidelines for Donation Requests:
- A written request must be submitted during the review period at least one month prior to the date of the event.
- Requests must be accompanied by a procurement form with non-profit ID and a formal letter detailing the event and the purpose for which a donation would fulfill.
- All donations will be mailed to the address provided on the procurement form, unless otherwise noted, or may be held at the SIFF Film Center for pick-up.
- Priority will be given to requests made in a timely manner, with consideration given to the date of the event.
- Organizations submitting a request agree to be added to SIFF's database and mailing list and may be contacted for outreach opportunities.
- Organizations receiving a donation will allow SIFF to provide promotional materials for distribution and offer other marketing opportunities as available.
- SIFF may approve donation requests to the same organization for up to three consecutive years.
- Requests received between February 2 and July 31 with an event date of September 1 or later may be held and reviewed during the next cycle.
If you would like to submit a request, you may use one of the following methods:
SIFF Film Center
Attn: Charitable Donations
305 Harrison St
Seattle, WA 98109