Highlander with Live Soundtrack by DJ NicFit
When originally released in 1986, this franchise-inspiring fantasy adventure about an immortal Scottish swordsman featured a handful of new songs from rock icons Queen. Now, Seattle's own DJ NicFit reimagines the cult classic with a decades-spanning all Queen playlist performed live on two turntables.
"There can only be one!" This is the simple yet inspired premise behind the complex mythology of Highlander, the beloved science fiction/fantasy/action hybrid from 1986 that spawned a franchise that is still going strong today. A secret society of immortal swordsmen have existed throughout history, fighting each other to gain a magical energy known as "The Quickening." Drawn by destiny, the last remaining Immortals, including medieval Scottish clansman Connor MacLeod (Christopher Lambert), gather in 1980s New York City for their final showdown. Director Russell Mulcahy created a look and feel for the Highlander universe that drew heavily on his years crafting groundbreaking music videos, including the iconic "Total Eclipse of the Heart," and rock icons Queen offered up a handful of new songs to punctuate the film's kinetic visual style. But the soundtrack to Highlander had room for so much more Queen, and now Seattle based DJ Nicholas "NicFit" Gilmore is ready to deliver! After years spinning music over the top of his favorite films in a regular series at Naked City Brewery and performances at Northwest Film Forum and SIFF Cinema, DJ NicFit has dug into the decades-spanning catalogue of Queen to provide an all-new Mercury and May driven soundtrack for this rock-tinged adventure, as performed live on two turntables at this special one-of-a-kind event.
Melbourne, Australia native Russell Mulcahy's signature style includes multiple fast cuts, bright lights, and tracking shots. He got his name directing music videos for celebrated artists like Elton John and Duran Duran, and produced his first feature film in 1980 with Derek and Clive Get the Horn. He has now amassed 86 directorial credits.
Sponsored by Trail's End Whiskey, Dexter Hayes Apartments, Full Tilt Ice Cream, Full Tilt Ice Cream, Lux Pot Shop
- Director: Russell Mulcahy
- Principal Cast: Christopher Lambert, Roxanne Hart, Clancy Brown, Sean Connery, Beatie Edney
- Country: United Kingdom, USA
- Year: 1986
- Running Time: 116 minutes
- Producer: Peter S. Davis, Jean-Luc Defait, Ziad El Khoury
- Screenplay: Peter Bellwood
- Cinematographers: Phil Meheux
- Editors: Hubert de La Bouillerie, Anthony Redman
- Music: Stewart Copeland
- Filmography: Give ‘em Hell Malone (2009); Resident Evil: Extinction (2007); Swimming Upstream (2003); Resurrection (1999) Tale of the Mummy (1998); Silent Trigger (1996); The Shadow (1994); Blue Ice (1992); Ricochet (1991); Highlander II: The Quickening (1991); Razorback (1984)
- Language: English
- Format: DCP