In this bawdy, warm-hearted, uproariously entertaining romp, a cash-strapped teacher and his bookie/barber come up with a brilliant idea: Instead of betting on soccer matches, why not collect bets on the length of time streakers can stay on the field?
Balz Naef, a high school's part-time bookkeeper and literature teacher, possesses a deep passion for the Swiss author Gottfried Keller. For years, Balz has been massaging the budget in hopes of saving enough money to turn Keller's house into a museum. However, no sooner does he succeed than the school board decides to reallocate the funds for a new soccer field. Then his barber, Kushtrim, who also serves as the local bookie, offers him a "surefire" tip on a local soccer match: double the money and build both sports field and museum. Unfortunately, a local streaker disrupts the match, simultaneously putting Naef in a disastrous financial position while also giving him an inspired idea: Instead of betting on the outcome of the soccer matches, why not collect bets on the length of time streakers can stay on the field? Kustrim lays out the odds, while Naef recruits and trains a collection of local misfits for the enterprise—cue the bawdiest sports training montage at this year's Festival. Streaking becomes Switzerland's trendiest new pastime, which infuriates the soccer club owners, who turn to Police Commissioner Sandra Strebel to bust this new illicit enterprise. In Streaker, director Peter Luisi offers a warm-hearted, uproariously entertaining romp that is willing to bare everything for laughs.
Born in Zurich, Peter Luisi studied film production at the University of California, Santa Cruz. In 2000 he founded the production company Spotlight Media Company.
Sponsored by Pacific Place, Lagunitas Brewing Company
- Original Language Title: Flitzer
- Director: Peter Luisi
- Principal Cast: Beat Schlatter, Doro Muggler, Bendrit Bajra, Luna Wedler, Daniel Mangisch
- Premiere Status: Seattle
- Country: Switzerland
- Year: 2017
- Running Time: 93 minutes
- Producer: David Luisi, Peter Luisi
- Screenplay: Peter Luisi, Beat Schlatter
- Cinematographers: Nicolo Settegrana
- Editors: John von Ascheraden
- Music: Michael Duss, Christian Schlumpf, Martin Skalsky
- Website: Official Film Website
- Awards: San Luis Obispo International Film Festival (Audience Award) Los Angeles Comedy Festival 2018 (Best Foreign Feature, Director)
- Filmography: Schweizer Helden (2014); Boys Are Us (2012); The Sandman (2011); Love Made Easy (2006); Verflixt verliebt (2004)
- Language: Swiss German
- Has Subtitles: Yes
- Format: DCP
- International Sales: m-appeal