Bigfoot Script Challenge
The Bigfoot Script Challenge, along with the Seattle International Film Festival, awards over $10,000 and unparalleled industry access to the next generation of successful screenwriters.
Submit your feature, pilot, or short screenplay, and have that work read by studio execs, producers, agents, managers, and WGA writers. Winners receive cash prizes, sought-after meetings, and exclusive fellowships to develop your material—all under the internationally recognized SIFF brand. This year’s competition will recognize award-winning scripts on April 21, 2022, as part of the 2022 Seattle International Film Festival.
Entrants may submit feature-length screenplays, TV pilots (both hour and half-hour), and short-form scripts for consideration by top industry professionals, including producers, agents, managers, studio execs, and WGA writers.
We also have two new categories this year for screenwriters with projects that meet the following criteria. If your project qualifies for one or more of these tracks, please check the appropriate box on the entry form.
- Pacific Northwest: If you're a PNW writer (reside in WA, OR, ID, or AK at time of submission) OR your story is set in one of those states, we encourage you to enter your work in this category.
- Thems and Femmes: If you're a writer who identifies as a woman or nonbinary, we encourage you to enter your work in this category to help platform unique stories from and about under-represented groups.
Winning submissions become eligible for cash prizes, fellowships, and exclusive sit-downs with industry professionals who can help bring your script to life.
Bigfoot Script Challenge offers a unique combination of fellowships, cash grants, and industry access to help jump-start your career.
- Fellowships with top LA execs, Pacific Northwest producers, and select production companies to help develop your material and get it in front of industry decision-maker
- Exclusive hour-long Zoom calls to discuss your material and your career with Bigfoot Judges
- Over $10,000 in prize money for category winners
- Travel assistance and accommodations for category winners to attend awards ceremony and table read events at the 2022 Seattle International Film Festival