Faced with an emergency situation, a group of young Black and Latino friends carefully weigh the pros and cons of calling the police.
Director Carey Williams is a directing fellow with the 2017 Film Independent Project Involve class, as well as a mentee with the Ryan Murphy's Half Foundation. Past credits include "Cherry Waves" and "Giants".
- Director: Carey Williams
- Principal Cast: Darell Lake, Jason Woods, Peter Pasco, Michael Segovia, Shaw Jones
- Premiere Status: Seattle
- Country: USA
- Year: 2017
- Running Time: 12 minutes
- Producer: Joenique Rose
- Screenplay: Kristen Davila
- Cinematographers: Jomo Fray
- Editors: David Aristizabal
- Music: LIKE (G.Stevenson/”it’s like that” ASCAP)
- Website: Official Film Website
- Awards: Sundance Film Festival 2018 (Short Film Special Jury Award) SXSW 2018 (Grand Jury Prize)
- Language: English
- Format: DCP
This film is playing as a part of ShortsFest Opening Night 2018
It is our great pleasure to open our ShortsFest weekend with this collection of superb short films from around the world that exemplify the art of storytelling in all its variety. Comedy and drama, live action and animation-these films prove that short is truly sweet.