A young gay man starving for connection in rural Argentina is set to escape the confines the countryside for an education, until his father suddenly passes and the immense responsibility of the family ranch falls to him, in this gripping feature based on remarkable true events.
With an affection for women's dresses and a naturally sensitive demeanor, Marcos (newcomer Walter Rodriguez in an astonishing debut) knows he was not made for a life as a tenant rancher, tending livestock and fending off poachers in the beautiful, unforgiving Argentinian countryside. Starved for connection and finding release just once a year during carnival, Marcos has an unexpected ally in his kindly father Carlos (German de Silva, Las Acacias, Wild Tales), who pushes his son toward education and a future outside their small, provincial town. But when Carlos dies suddenly, responsibility quickly falls on Marcos and his older brother Carlitos (Ignacio Gimenez) to assume their father's role, learning the trade, keeping the troubled ranch afloat-and placating their stern, demanding mother Olga (Catalina Saavedra, The Maid). With financial and social pressures mounting, Marcos finds a ray of light in a budding relationship with Federico (Andrew Bargsted, SIFF 2016 award winner You'll Never Be Alone, SIFF 2017's Bad Influence) yet finds himself unable to escape forces keeping him from being the person he was meant to be, leading to an unforgettable conclusion in this powerful debut feature from co-writer/director Martin Rodriguez Redondo, based on the incredible true story.
Martin Rodriguze Redondo studied filmmaking at the Centro de Investigacion Cinematografica in Buenos Aires, Argentina. He has served as an assistant director and producer on numerous documentaries. His short film "Las Liebres" won the short film competition at the Instituto Nacional de Cine y Artes Audiovisuales (INCAA) in Argentina.
Sponsored by Greater Seattle Business Association
- Director: Martín Rodriguez Redondo
- Principal Cast: Walter Rodríguez, Catalina Saavedra, Germán de Silva, Ignacio Giménez, Germán Baudino, Andrew Bargsted
- Country: Argentina, Chile
- Year: 2018
- Running Time: 80 minutes
- Producer: Paula Zyngierman, Giancarlo Nasi, Martin Rodriguez Redondo
- Screenplay: Mariana Docampo, Mara Pescio, Martin Rodriguez Redondo
- Cinematographers: Guillermo Saposnik
- Editors: Felipe Gálvez
- Music: Kumbia Queers, Laurent Apffel
- Website: Official Film Website
- Filmography: Debut Feature Film
- Language: Spanish
- Has Subtitles: Yes
- Format: DCP
- US Distributor: Film Factory Entertainment
- International Sales: Film Factory Entertainment