Never Goin' Back
BFFs Angela and Jessie dream of escaping their waitressing jobs at a low-rent Texas diner, even if it's only to Galveston in this raunchy, delightfully off-kilter comedy, with chemistry to spare between its "dirty, dirty" duo of Maia Mitchell ("The Fosters") and Camila Morrone (Death Wish).
A fresh, funny, and raunchy look at female friendship, from debut director Augustine Frizzell. Maia Mitchell ("The Fosters") and Camila Morrone (Death Wish) play the central friends Angela and Jessie, two high school dropouts who would rather rip bongs and draw penises on each other's faces than work at their depressing diner jobs. Between a manager who has higher hopes for them, nosy neighbors threatening to call the cops, and a creepy roommate Brandon (Kyle Mooney), the girls soldier on towards the promise of one glorious week off in Galveston.
Augustine Frizzell is a filmmaker and actress, born in Garland, Texas. She grew up across many southern states, thanks to her father, who was a musician. Augustine began acting in high school and soon after, discovered a love for writing and directing. Never Goin' Back is her debut feature film.
- Director: Augustine Frizzell
- Principal Cast: Maia Mitchell, Cami Morrone, Kyle Mooney, Joel Allen, Kendal Smith, Matthew Holcomb
- Premiere Status: Seattle
- Country: USA
- Year: 2018
- Running Time: 86 minutes
- Producer: Toby Halbrooks, Liz Cardenas, James Johnston, David Lowery
- Screenplay: Augustine Frizzell
- Cinematographers: Greta Zozula
- Editors: Courtney Ware
- Music: Sarah Jaffe
- Website: Official Film Website
- Filmography: Debut Feature Film
- Language: English
- US Distributor: A24
- International Sales: Endeavor Content