One of the few classical performers to attain household-name status, Luciano Pavarotti’s life and career as the world’s most popular operatic tenor is explored in this doc by Ron Howard.
Sunday, June 9, 2019
- Purchased Tickets
- Limited Availability
- On Standby
From the filmmaking team behind the highly acclaimed documentary The Beatles: Eight Days a Week - The Touring Years, Pavarotti is a riveting film that lifts the curtain on the icon who brought opera to the people. Academy Award® winner Ron Howard puts audiences front row center for an exploration of The Voice... The Man... The Legend. Luciano Pavarotti gave his life to the music and a voice to the world. This cinematic event features history-making performances and intimate interviews, including never-before-seen footage and cutting-edge Dolby Atmos technology. A CBS Films Polygram Entertainment Brian Grazer presentation, Pavarotti is an Imagine Entertainment and White Horse Pictures production.
Ron Howard is an Academy Award®-winning filmmaker who began his career as an actor and debuted his first film, Grand Theft Auto, in 1977. From the critically acclaimed dramas A Beautiful Mind and Apollo 13 to the hit comedies Parenthood and Splash, Howard has directed over 20 films in a diverse filmography that includes drama, documentary, comedy, action, fantasy, science fiction, and television. Among his many honors, Howard has received Academy Awards® (including for Best Director and Best Picture), Golden Globes, Emmy nominations, and a Grammy, and co-founded Imagine Entertainment in 1986, with his long-time producing partner Brian Gazer, to create independently produced feature films.
Sponsored by Comcast, KEXP 90.3 FM, Puget Systems, Ste. Michelle Wine Estates
- Director: Ron Howard
- Country: USA, United Kingdom
- Year: 2019
- Running Time: 114 minutes
- Producer: Nigel Sinclair, Brian Grazer, Ron Howard, Michael Rosenberg, Jeanne Elfant Festa
- Screenplay: Mark Monroe
- Editors: Paul Crowder
- Website: Official Film Website
- Filmography: Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018), The Beatles: Eight Days a Week (Doc., 2016), Inferno (2016), Rush (2013), Angels & Demons (2009), Frost/Nixon (2008), The Da Vinci Code (2006), A Beautiful Mind (2001), EDtv (1999), Apollo 13 (1995), Parenthood (1989), Willow (1988), Cocoon (1985), Splash (1984)
- Language: English, Italian
- Has Subtitles: Yes
- Format: DCP
- US Distributor: CBS Films
- International Sales: Hanway Films