Table For Six
In this Hong Kong box office smash that’s equal parts slapstick and melodrama, a family reunion dinner goes haywire when one of the members brings his new girlfriend, only to find that she had previously dated his own brother.
Three brothers have been living in their parents' old char siu pork kitchen since their parents died: Steve (Dayo Wong)—the eldest—is a photographer constantly teased by his siblings for his cooking skills and lack of a romantic life; Lung (Charm Man Chan)—the youngest—has just quit his job to become a professional esports player to the dismay of his girlfriend Josephine (Ivana Wong Yuen-chi); and Bernard (Louis Cheung Kai-chung)—the middle child—has just entered a new relationship with Monica (Stephy Tang Lai-yan). Things get a little tense when they all meet for a family dinner and discover that Steve and Monica used to date, and he's still smarting over their recent breakup. Making matters worse is his on again-off again girlfriend Meow (Lin Min-Chen) dropping by unannounced. Equal parts melodramatic and slapstick, Sunny Chan's latest offers up a heaping dose of awkward comedy mixed with delectable food sure to satisfy even the most hard-to-please.
- Original Language Title: 飯戲攻心
- Director: Sunny Chan
- Principal Cast: Dayo Wong, Stephy Tang, Louis Cheung Kai Chung, Ivana Wong, Lin Min Chen
- Country: Hong Kong
- Year: 2022
- Running Time: 120 min.
- Producer: Bill Kong, Ivy ho, Wai But Tang
- Screenplay: Sunny Chan
- Cinematographers: Meteor Cheung
- Editors: Wai Lun Cheng, Ka-Fai Cheung
- Music: Alan Wong, Janet Yung
- Filmography: Men on the Dragon (2018)
- Language: Cantonese
- Has Subtitles: Yes
- US Distributor: Magnum Films
- International Sales: Edko Films Limited