Accreditation entitles media to request interviews, access to press screenings, and limited access to public screenings.
Submitting an application does not automatically guarantee accreditation. Read below about how to apply.
If you covered the 2016 Seattle International Film Festival as an accredited journalist, submit your coverage from SIFF 2016 (links, copy, audio/video clips) to firstname.lastname@example.org and alert the SIFF Press Office of your intention to return.
Failure to provide past Festival coverage will result in automatic denial of accreditation. If you have covered the Seattle International Film Festival in the past but have since changed media affiliation, please apply as a new applicant (see below).
New applicants for SIFF media accreditation must complete the SIFF 2017 Press Accreditation Application and submit the following:
- A letter of assignment from your editor on official company letterhead or from an official company email address. This letter must include detailed information on the type, extent, and timing of planned coverage.
- A recent film festival or film-related article written by you, including byline and published date.
- A recent digital copy of the complete publication under which you are seeking accreditation.One applicant per request form. If your outlet is seeking accreditation for more than one journalist, your editor may send a single letter of assignment; however, each applicant's name must be clearly listed.
If you wish to cover a specific party, gala, or special event at SIFF 2017, write to email@example.com with "Special Event Coverage" in the subject line and include a description of your intended coverage: outlet, extent of coverage, and timing of publication. Access will be granted on a case-by-case basis.
If you intend to cover a limited number of films under a specific topic or category, the SIFF Press Office may be able to issue complimentary tickets to specific film screenings. Please complete the SIFF 2017 Press Accreditation Application and indicate your area of interest under "Special Interests" near the end.
IMPORTANT DEADLINES AND DATES
- Monday, April 24: All materials must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the SIFF 2017 Press Accreditation Application.
- Wednesday, April 26: Approved media will be notified no later than this date.
- Tuesday, May 2: Festival Press Launch (approved media may pick up their credentials here).