SIFF Cinema Egyptian | Presented in 35mm!
Max Dembo (Dustin Hoffman) starts his parole with small dreams: get a job, maybe meet a woman, but those dreams are destined to be crushed by the system and his own nature, forcing him back into a life of crime. Based on a novel written by Eddie Bunker (Reservoir Dogs) while he was in stir, the tale demonstrates how difficult it can be to leave prison behind, even in the outside world. Hoffman's gritty turn is supported by an amazing cast, including Theresa Russell, M. Emmet Walsh, Harry Dean Stanton, Gary Busey, and Kathy Bates.
Festival Passes: $150 | $100 Members
Visit our Passes page to purchase
Single film admission: $15 | $10 Members | $14 Seniors and Youth
SIFF Cinema Vouchers accepted at the rate of two for each single admission.
- Director: Ulu Grosbard
- Principal Cast: Dustin Hoffman, Harry Dean Stanton, Gary Busey, Theresa Russell, M. Emmet Walsh, Kathy Bates
- Country: USA
- Year: 1978
- Running Time: 114 Minutes
- Producer: Stanley Beck, Tim Zinnemann
- Screenplay: Eddie Bunker, Alvin Sargent, Jeffery Boam
- Cinematographers: Owen Roizman
- Editors: Sam O'Steen, Randy Roberts
- Music: David Shire
- Language: English, Spanish, Cantonese
- Format: 35mm