The Taking of Pelham One Two Three
SIFF Cinema Egyptian | Presented in 35mm!
The most New York movie ever made, a time capsule of the Big Apple's hellish Fun City days. A quartet of desperadoes led by Robert Shaw's icy soldier of fortune hijacks a subway train loaded with passengers—and only an unlikely duo of transit cops, Walter Matthau and Jerry Stiller, can foil their ingenious ransom scheme. Fierce, funny, and full of fetid atmosphere that hits you like a gust from a passing Lexington Avenue Express. Powered by David Shire's propulsive score and culminating in one of the all-time great closing shots.
Festival Passes: $150 | $100 Members
Visit our Passes page to purchase
Single film admission: $15 | $10 Members | $14 Seniors and Youth
SIFF Cinema Vouchers accepted at the rate of two for each single admission.
- Director: Joseph Sargent
- Principal Cast: Waltar Matthau, Robert Shaw, Martin Balsam, Hector Elizondo
- Country: USA
- Year: 1974
- Running Time: 104 Minutes
- Producer: Gabirle Katzka, Edgar J. Scherick
- Screenplay: Peter Stone
- Cinematographers: Owen Roizman
- Editors: Gerald B. Greenberg, Robert Q. Lovett
- Music: David Shire
- Language: English, Spanish
- Format: 35mm