Closing Night Film!
SIFF Cinema Egyptian
Noir City brings down the curtain for 2017's festival with an audacious thriller filmed on the streets of Berlin in a single epic take. Spanish immigrant Victoria (Laia Costa, in an extraordinary performance) is only looking for a good time when she falls in with four young Germans in the wee hours. Little does she suspect she is about to be dragged into a drug-fueled bank robbery orchestrated by an unforgiving gangster. Armed only with a digital camera and a twelve-page script, director Schipper, camera operator Sturla Brandth Grøvlen, and a driven cast give the audience a night they will never forget.
Festival Passes: $150 | $100 Members
Visit our Passes page to purchase
Single film admission: $15 | $10 Members | $14 Seniors and Youth
SIFF Cinema Vouchers accepted at the rate of two for each single admission.
- Director: Sebastian Schipper
- Principal Cast: Laia Costa, Frederick Lau, Franz Rogowski, Burak Yigit, Max Mauff, Andre M. Hennicke
- Country: Germany
- Year: 2015
- Running Time: 140 Minutes
- Producer: Catherine Baikousis, Jan Dressler, David Keitsch, Anatol Nitschke, Sebastian Schipper
- Screenplay: Sebastian Schipper, Olivia Neergaard-Holm, Erike Frederik Schulz
- Cinematographers: Sturla Brandth Grøvlen
- Editors: Olivia Neergaard-Holm
- Music: Nils Frahm
- Language: German, English
- Has Subtitles: Yes