Julia brings to life the legendary cookbook author and television superstar who changed the way Americans think about food, television, and even about women.
Tuesday, December 7, 2021
Wednesday, December 8, 2021
Thursday, December 9, 2021
Using never-before-seen archival footage, personal photos, first-person narratives, and cutting-edge, mouth-watering food cinematography, the film traces Julia Child’s 12-year struggle to create and publish the revolutionary “Mastering the Art of French Cooking” (1961), which has sold more than 2.5 million copies to date, and her rapid ascent to become the country’s most unlikely television star. It’s the empowering story of a woman who found her purpose—and her fame—at 50, and took America along on the whole delicious journey. From the Academy Award-nominated directors of RBG.
- Director: Julie Cohen, Betsy West
- Principal Cast: Featuring: José Andrés, Phila Cousins, Danièle Delpeuch, Ina Garten, Jacques Pépin, Alex Prud’homme, Ruth Reichl, Marcus Samuelsson, Anne Willan
- Country: USA
- Year: 2021
- Running Time: 95 min.
- Producer: Betsy West, Julie Cohen, Justin Wilkes, Sara Bernstein, Holly Siegel
- Cinematographers: Claudia Raschke, Nanda Fernandez Brédillard
- Editors: Carla Gutierrez
- Music: Rachel Portman
- Website: Official Film Website