Youssou N’Dour: Return to Gorée
A musical road movie, Return to Gorée follows Senegalese singer Youssou N'Dour's historical journey tracing the trail left by enslaved Africans and the jazz music they created. Youssou N'Dour's challenge is to bring back to Africa a jazz repertoire of his own songs to perform a concert in Gorée, the island that today symbolizes the slave trade and stands to honor its victims. Supported by KNKX.
From Atlanta to New Orleans, from New York to Bordeaux and Luxembourg, the songs are transformed, immersed in jazz and gospel. Transcending cultural divisions and rehearsing with of some of the world's most exceptional musicians, Youssou N'Dour is preparing to return to Africa for the final concert...
With Youssou N'Dour, Moncef Genoud, Idris Muhammad, Boubacar Joseph Ndiaye and Amiri Baraca.
- Director: Pierre-Yves Borgeaud
- Country: Switzerland
- Producer: Jean-Louis Porchet, Gérard Ruey
- Screenplay: Pierre-Yves Borgeaud, Emmanuel Gétaz
- Cinematographers: Camille Cottagnoud
- Editors: Daniel Gibel
- Music: Youssou N’Dour, Moncef Genoud
- Language: English, French