September 18 - October 15, 2020
A mother summons her family home for one final reunion before she ends her battle with a terminal illness on her own dignified terms. There is laughter, and there are tears, in this crowd-pleasing drama from the director of Tea With the Dames.
Lily (Susan Sarandon) and Paul (Sam Neill) summon their loved ones to their beach house for one final gathering after Lily decides to end her long battle with ALS. The couple is planning a loving weekend complete with holiday traditions, but the mood becomes strained when unresolved issues surface between Lily and her daughters Jennifer (Kate Winslet) and Anna (Mia Wasikowska). Joining the collective farewell are Lily’s son in law (Rainn Wilson), her lifelong friend (Lindsay Duncan), daughter’s partner (Bex Taylor-Klaus) and grandson (Anson Boon). Her story is ultimately one of hope, love and a celebration of life.
- Director: Roger Michell
- Principal Cast: Susan Sarandon, Kate Winslet, Mia Wasikowska, Sam Neill, Rainn Wilson
- Country: United Kingdom
- Year: 2019
- Running Time: 97 min.
- Producer: Sherryl Clark, David Bernardi, Rob Van Norden
- Screenplay: Christian Torpe
- Cinematographers: Mike Eley
- Editors: Kristina Hetherington
- Music: Peter Gregson
- Website: Official Film Website
- Filmography: Tea With the Dames (2018), Le Weekend (2013), Hyde Park on the Hudson (2012), Morning Glory (2010), Venus (2006), Enduring Love (2004), The Mother (2003), Changing Lanes (2002), Notting Hill (1999)