House of Cardin
House of Cardin is a rare peek into the mind of a genius, an authorized feature documentary chronicling the life and design of Pierre Cardin. A true original, Mr. Cardin has granted the directors exclusive access to his archives and his empire, and unprecedented interviews at the sunset of a glorious career.
Use code "SIFF" for a $2 discount!
Pierre Cardin forever changed fashion in multiple ways. He freed women from figure-molded clothes and introduced new shapes, styles and colors. He was a pioneer in crossing over from haute couture to ready-to-wear. And he brought his designs to multiple products beyond clothes. From the premiere at the Venice Film Festival, Variety wrote, “This is a deliciously entertaining and perceptive take on Cardin’s life and how he shaped both the silhouette of fashion and branding in the fashion world and beyond.”
- Director: Todd Hughes, P. David Ebersole
- Principal Cast: Pierre Cardin, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Philippe Starck, Sharon Stone, Naomi Campbell, Alice Cooper
- Country: USA
- Year: 2019
- Running Time: 97 min.
- Producer: Cori Coppola, P. David Ebersole, Todd Hughes
- Cinematographers: Laurent King
- Editors: Mel Mel Sukekawa-Mooring, Brad Comfort
- Music: James Peter Moffatt
- Website: Official Film Website
- Filmography: Hughes: Mansfield 66/67 (2017), The New Women (2001), The Chick's a Dick (1991), L.A. on $5 a Day (1989), Reflection of Evil (1989), Incense and Peppermints (1981), Wapper (1975) Ebersole: Mansfield 66/67 (2017), Hit So Hard (2011), Straight Right (2000), Vampire Cult Queens from Hell (1996)
- Language: English