Out Stealing Horses
Adapted from the bestselling novel, Out Stealing Horses follows 67-year-old Trond (Stellan Skarsgård) in the winter of 1999, still grieving the death of his wife as he retires to a solitary life in the Norwegian woods. Trond prepares to welcome the new millennium alone, until a chance encounter with his only neighbor, Lars, rekindles dormant memories from the summer of 1948—the summer Trond grew up. Includes exclusive post-film discussion between director Hans Petter Moland and Stellan Skarsgård.
Out Stealing Horses is based on the bestselling novel by Norwegian author Per Petterson, which received several important international awards and was included in The New York Times "10 Best Books of 2007 (Fiction)." Petterson's novels have been translated into more than 50 languages.
"A hugely accomplished meditation on life, guilt and responsibility."—Deborah Young, Hollywood Reporter
- Original Language Title: Ut og stjæle hester
- Director: Hans Petter Moland
- Principal Cast: Stellan Skarsgård, Tobias Santelmann, Danica Curcic
- Country: Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- Year: 2019
- Running Time: 122 min.
- Producer: Turid Øversveen, Håkon Øverås
- Screenplay: Hans Petter Moland
- Cinematographers: Rasmus Videbæk
- Editors: Jens Christian Fodstad, Nicolaj Monberg
- Music: Kaspar Kaae
- Website: Official Film Website
- Filmography: Department Q Trilogy Pt 3: A Conspiracy of Faith (2016), In Order of, Disappearance (2014), When Bubbles Burst (Doc, 2013), A Somewhat Gentle Man (2011), Comrade Pedersen (2006), The Beautiful Country (2004), United We Stand (2002), Aberdeen (2000), Zero Kelvin (1995), The Last Lieutenant (1993)
- Language: Norwegian, Swedish
- Has Subtitles: Yes