March 11, 2013
This multigenerational drama, winner of the Alfred P. Sloan Award at the Hamptons International Film Festival, compares the intricacies of climate change science with the equally complex dynamics between an anxious young girl and her caustic grandmother as they cope with the disappearance of the girl’s mother.
Followed by discussion on climate change with Dr. Jérôme Patoux, a research assistant professor in the Department of Atmospheric Sciences at the University of Washington. He is also the author of "Science of Weather," a middle and high school weather and climate science curriculum supported by the National Science Foundation.
Co-presented by REALscience, the Seattle-based online science news portal.
A program of Science on Screen, an initiative of the Coolidge Corner Theater with major support from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation.
- Director: Jenny Deller
- Principal Cast: Perla Haney-Jardine, Amy Madigan, Lili Taylor, William Sadler, Marin Ireland, Anubhav Jain
- Country: USA
- Year: 2012
- Running Time: 100 minutes
- Producer: Kristin Fairweather, Jenny Deller
- Screenplay: Jenny Deller
- Cinematographers: Zak Mulligan
- Editors: Shelby Siegel
- Music: Erik Friedlander
- Website: http://futureweathermovie.com/
- Filmography: Debut Feature Film
- Language: English
- Format: HDCAM