April 19 - 25, 2013
Toni Collette reunites with the director of Muriel's Wedding for a colorful family comedy that is more than a little bit "mental".
The five spirited teenaged daughters of the Moochmore family have a mother on the brink of a Sound of Music inspired meltdown, a philandering politician father who can't cope, and the unshakable feeling that they suffer from an undiagnosed neurosis. Entering this family melee is Shaz (Collette), an outrageously inappropriate nanny who is charismatic, hot tempered, inspiring, and completely nuts. Shaz's raging nonconformity proves to be just what this family needs, and she helps transform the girls from town jokes into forces to be reckoned with.
Reuniting with Australian director P.J. Hogan for the first time since Muriel's Wedding, Toni Collette scorches the screen in a luminescent comedic performance alongside an impressive cast that includes Liev Schreiber, Anthony LaPaglia, and Kerry Fox.
- Director: P.J. Hogan
- Principal Cast: Toni Collette, Liev Schreiber, Anthony LaPaglia, Rebecca Gibney, Kerry Fox, Caroline Goodall
- Country: Australia
- Year: 2012
- Running Time: 116 Minutes
- Website: http://www.mental-movie.com/
- Filmography: Confessions of a Shopaholic (2009), Peter Pan (2003), Unconditional Love (2002), My Best Friend's Wedding (1997), Muriel's Wedding (1994)
- Language: English
- US Distributor: Dada Films