May 3 - 15, 2013
Director Megan Griffiths shines a light on a sinister corner of the American experience with this highly emotional and harrowing true-life story, winner of the Golden Space Needle Award for Best Actress at SIFF 2012.
After accepting a late night ride home from a young firefighter, a young Korean-American girl (Jamie Chung) finds herself abducted and imprisoned as a sex slave. Renamed "Eden" by her captors, she learns to survive by building the trust of the boss' right hand man, Vaughan (Matt O'Leary) who rules over the operations at the compound but has a weakness for his crack pipe.
Inspired by the harrowing true story of Chong Kim, director Megan Griffiths - winner of this year's Stranger Genius Award for film - handles the story with stunning delicacy, solidifying her place as one of the most exciting new voices in filmmaking.
"A masterful creation, engaging our deepest emotions without ever toeing the line of exploitation." - David Schmader, The Stranger
"Compulsively watchable. If only all issue movies were this entertaining." - Indiewire
- Director: Megan Griffiths
- Principal Cast: Jamie Chung, Matt O’Leary, Beau Bridges
- Country: USA
- Year: 2012
- Running Time: 98 minutes
- Producer: Colin Plank, Centripital Films LLC
- Website: Eden film site
- Awards: SIFF 2012: Golden Space Needle Audience Award, Best Actress; Lena Sharpe Award for Persistence of Vision; Seattle Reel NW Award | SXSW: Audience Award, Best Narrative Feature
- Language: English
- Rating: R
- Format: DCP
- US Distributor: Phase 4 Films