Storm Surfers 3D
July 19 - 25, 2013
Ride the world's craziest waves, found only in extreme conditions in the middle of the ocean, from the front of the surfboard with a pair of legendary big-wave riders - all in unbelievable, heart-stopping, giant-screen 3D.
Storm Surfers takes sports filmmaking to the next level by creating a truly immersive sensory experience like none other: sliding through a mountainous pipe of water, wiping out in spectacular fashion, and surfing the world's craziest waves. Ross Clarke-Jones and Tom Carroll, surfing legends who are still going strong even as they approach middle age, search for the holy grail of waves 75 kilometers off the coast of Australia, some of the most audacious and dangerous surfing terrain in the world. Braving extreme conditions and near-death experiences, they are aided in their search by meteorologist Ben Matson, who reverently follows weather patterns to determine where the biggest, wildest waves will appear.
3D Feature pricing:
$15 | $10 SIFF Members | $14 Youth and Seniors
Matinees: $13 | $10 SIFF Members
SIFF Cinema passes are valid | Vouchers may be redeemmed at the rate of two vouchers per ticket.
- Director: Chris Nelius, Justin McMillan
- Principal Cast: Ross Clarke-Jones, Tom Carroll, Ben Matson
- Country: Australia
- Year: 2012
- Running Time: 95 minutes
- Producer: Marcus Gillezeau, Ellenor Cox
- Screenplay: Christopher Nelius, Justin McMillan
- Cinematographers: David Maguire, Dean Cropp
- Editors: Rodrigo Balart
- Music: Michael Yezerski, Richard Tognetti
- Website: http://www.stormsurfers.tv
- Awards: Toronto International Film Festival 2012 (2nd Place Blackberry People’s Choice Award); Australian Film Institute 2013 (AACTA Award Best Feature Lengh Documentary)
- Language: English
- Format: DCP
- US Distributor: XLrator Media
- International Sales: 6ixty Foot Films