Sam Mendes, the Oscar®-winning director of Skyfall, Spectre, and American Beauty, brings his singular vision to his World War I epic, 1917.
At the height of the First World War, two young British soldiers, Schofield (Captain Fantastic's George MacKay) and Blake (Game of Thrones' Dean-Charles Chapman) are given a seemingly impossible mission. In a race against time, they must cross enemy territory and deliver a message that will stop a deadly attack on hundreds of soldiers—Blake's own brother among them.
"Although 1917's filmmaking very much brings attention to itself, it's an astonishing piece of filmmaking, portraying war with enormous panache. This is big-screen bravado, and then some."—Alex Godfrey, Empire
- Director: Sam Mendes
- Principal Cast: Andrew Scott, Benedict Cumberbatch, Richard Madden, Colin Firth, Mark Strong
- Country: United Kingdom, USA
- Year: 2019
- Running Time: 119 minutes
- Producer: Pippa Harris, Callum McDougall, Sam Mendes, Brian Oliver, Jayne-Ann Tenggren
- Screenplay: Sam Mendes, Krysty Wilson-Cairns
- Cinematographers: Roger Deakins
- Language: English, German, French