Birdboy: The Forgotten Children
Opens February 16, 2018
Based on his graphic novel, Alberto Vázquez's Birdboy: The Forgotten Children is a darkly comic, mind-bending fantasy. Gorgeous graphic imagery brings to life a surreal and discordant world populated by adorable (and adorably disturbed) animated critters, searching for hope and love amid the ruin.
There is light and beauty, even in the darkest of worlds. Stranded on an island in a post-apocalyptic world, teenager Dinky and her friends hatch a dangerous plan to escape in the hope of finding a better life. Meanwhile, her old friend Birdboy has shut himself off from the world, pursued by the police and haunted by demon tormentors. But unbeknownst to anyone, he contains a secret inside him that could change the world forever.
- Director: Pedro Rivero, Alberto Vázquez
- Principal Cast: Andrea Alzuri, Eva Ojanguren, Josu Cubero, Felix Arcarazo, Jorge Carrero
- Country: Spain
- Year: 2015
- Running Time: 76 minutes
- Producer: Farruco Castroman, Carlos Juarez, Luis Tosar
- Screenplay: Pedro Rivero, Alberto Vázquez
- Language: Spanish, English