Opens August 10, 2018
While BlacKkKlansman plays as a highly entertaining cop thriller, Spike Lee also finds room for humor and romance. He pays homage to Blaxploitation films, while referencing the impact of cinema on race relations from The Birth of a Nation to Tarzan to Gone with the Wind.
From Spike Lee comes the true story of an American hero. It's the early 1970s, and Ron Stallworth (John David Washington) is the first African-American detective to serve in the Colorado Springs Police Department. Determined to make a name for himself, Stallworth bravely sets out on a dangerous mission: infiltrate and expose the Ku Klux Klan. The young detective soon recruits a more seasoned colleague, Flip Zimmerman (Adam Driver), into the undercover investigation of a lifetime. Together, they team up to take down the extremist hate group as the organization aims to sanitize its violent rhetoric to appeal to the mainstream.
- Director: Spike Lee
- Principal Cast: John David Washington, Adam Driver, Topher Grace, Laura Harrier
- Country: USA
- Year: 2018
- Running Time: 128 minutes
- Producer: Spike Lee, Jordan Peele, Jason Blum, Raymond Mansfield
- Screenplay: Spike Lee, David Rabinowitz, Charlie Wachtel
- Cinematographers: Chayse Irvin
- Editors: Barry Alexander Brown
- Language: English