February 21 - 27, 2020
While serving a stint in a juvenile hall detention center, Daniel (Bartosz Bielenia) undergoes a religious conversion and makes the chaplain who's mentored him aware that he would like to enter the ministry.
Upon release, despite having been told that his criminal record prohibits him from becoming clergy, he takes advantage of the assumption of a parishioner and assumes the role of minister at small, rural church. Wielding an unconventional approach to the liturgy, and challenged to help both his flock and the town at large to overcome a recent tragedy, Daniel is in his element, but the reappearance of a figure from his past threatens to flatten the house of cards he's built for himself.
"It's flawless storytelling, effortlessly played and with a rousing, if bloody, conclusion."—Kevin Maher, The Times UK
- Director: Jan Komasa
- Principal Cast: Bartosz Bielenia, Eliza Rycembel, Aleksandra Konieczna, Tomasz Zietek, Leszek Lichota, Lukasz Simlat
- Country: Poland
- Year: 2019
- Running Time: 116 minutes
- Producer: Leszek Bodzak, Aneta Cebula-Hickinbotham
- Screenplay: Mateusz Pacewicz
- Cinematographers: Piotr Sobocinski Jr.
- Language: Polish
- Has Subtitles: Yes