July 8, 2018
The annual Czech film festival titled Czech That Film has been established in 2012. Currently, it is the largest Czech cultural event in the United States. It is a film festival of best recent Czech films held throughout the United States every year.
Sunday, July 8, 2018
Family Friend is a melodrama taking place in the early 40s during German occupation. Three young women and two children await the return of their imprisoned husbands and fathers from Nazi concentration camps. A family friend and doctor named Jiri watches over the women forced into a family union by the war. The film tells a story of forbidden love that remains unfulfilled, friendship bigger than life, desire, departures and returns. Love, friendship and loyalty leave deep imprints on the family lives of women brought together by destiny.
- Original Language Title: Rodinný přítel
- Director: Jan Hřebejk
- Principal Cast: Anna Geislerová, Ondřej Sokol, Martin Finger, Klára Melíšková, Gabriela Míčová, Josefína Marková, Samuel Budiman
- Country: Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia
- Year: 2017
- Running Time: 130 minutes
- Screenplay: Petr Jarchovský
- Cinematographers: Bartek Cierlica
- Language: Czech, Polish