Story of a Love Affair
November 10, 2018
Michelangelo Antonioni achieved auteur status overnight with his first feature about a tentative love affair that intensifies to a fever pitch as the lovers scheme to commit murder.
The legendary Michelangelo Antonioni's debut feature, inspired by James M. Cain's "The Postman Always Rings Twice," is a powerful statement on the delusions and violence sparked by a passionate love, intensifying lust, class and the repercussions of violence into a brilliant noir melodrama. In future films like like L'Avventura and Blow-Up, Antonioni went on to develop what became a genre all its own - people disconnected from the world and those around them.
- Original Language Title: Cronaca Di Un Amore
- Director: Michelangelo Antonioni
- Principal Cast: Lucia Bose, Massimo Girotti, Ferdinando Sarmi, Gino RossiMarika Rowsky
- Country: Italy
- Year: 1950
- Running Time: 98 minutes
- Producer: Franco Villani
- Screenplay: Michelangelo Antonioni, Daniele D'Anza, Silvio Giovaninetti, Francesco Maselli
- Cinematographers: Enzo Serafin
- Language: Italian
- Format: 35mm