Struggling to get clean, Thomas (Antony Bajon, 2018 Best Actor winner at Berlin) joins an isolated community of former addicts living in the mountains. Though suspicious of their religious focus, he gradually adapts to their strictly disciplined rural life, and begins to discover his own individual form of faith. Anchored by Bajon's nuanced performance, director Cédric Kahn delivers a clear-eyed portrait of a young man's struggle for personal grace.
Showcasing more than 17 films from five countries and four continents, our 7th French Cinema Now features legendary directors like Agnès Jaoui, Laurent Tirard, and Xavier Giannoli working alongside the new wave of filmmakers such as Meryem Benm'Barek, Victor Saint Macary, Ian Lagarde, and Carine Tardieu.
- Original Language Title: La prière
- Director: Cédric Kahn
- Principal Cast: Anthony Bajon, Damien Chapelle, Alex Brendemühl, Louise Grinberg
- Country: France
- Year: 2018
- Running Time: 107 minutes
- Screenplay: Fanny Burdino, Samuel Doux, Cédric Kahn, Aude Walker
- Cinematographers: Yves Cape
- Language: French
- Has Subtitles: Yes