The Asphalt Jungle
Opening Night Film!
SIFF Cinema Egyptian | Presented in 35mm!
What better way to kick off Noir City's salute to heist films than with the gold standard of the genre? Wily Doc Riedenschneider (Sam Jaffe) gets sprung from the joint and immediately plans a jewelry store job with a can't-miss crew of professionals. There's no perfect crime -- and no perfect criminals -- because each man carries the seeds of his own destruction. Boasting perhaps the greatest ensemble cast ever-Sterling Hayden, Jean Hagen, Louis Calhern, Anthony Caruso, Brad Dexter, Marc Lawrence-and a tempestuous turn that put Marilyn Monroe on the map.
Festival Passes: $150 | $100 Members
Visit our Passes page to purchase
Single film admission: $15 | $10 Members | $14 Seniors and Youth
SIFF Cinema Vouchers accepted at the rate of two for each single admission.
- Director: John Huston
- Principal Cast: Sterling Hayden, Louis Calhern, Jean Hagen, James Whitmore, Sam Jaffe, Marilyn Monroe
- Country: USA
- Year: 1950
- Running Time: 112 minutes
- Producer: Arthur Hornblow
- Screenplay: Ben Maddow, John Huston
- Cinematographers: Harold Rosson
- Editors: George Boemler
- Music: Miklós Rózsa
- Website: Official Film Website
- Language: English
- Format: 35mm