Brink's Job, The
SIFF Cinema Egyptian | Presented in 35mm!
Boston's legendary 1950 Brinks' robbery, in which a gang of thieves made off with more than $2 million, was heralded as "The Crime of the Century"—especially after it went unsolved for years. It inspired several filmic adaptations, none better than Friedkin's playful hybrid of comedy and suspense. As the mastermind, Peter Falk leads an extraordinary cast of characters, including Gena Rowlands, Paul Sorvino, Warren Oates, Peter Boyle, and Allen Garfield. A poignant and beautifully realized period piece, this is one of the director's best—if most neglected—films.
Festival Passes: $150 | $100 Members
Visit our Passes page to purchase
Single film admission: $15 | $10 Members | $14 Seniors and Youth
SIFF Cinema Vouchers accepted at the rate of two for each single admission.
- Director: William Friedkin
- Principal Cast: Peter Falk, Peter Boyle, Allen Garfield, Warren Oates, Gena Rowlands, Paul Sorvino
- Country: USA
- Year: 1978
- Running Time: 104 Minutes
- Producer: Ralph B. Serpe
- Screenplay: Walon Green
- Cinematographers: Norman Leigh
- Editors: Robert K. Lambert, Bud S. Smith
- Music: Richard Rodney Bennett
- Language: English