The man was carrying nothing; his hands clasped to a fresh bullet wound leaking blood from his belly. This was Vincent van Gogh, then a little known artist; now the most famous artist in the world. His tragic death has long been known, what has remained a mystery is how and why he was shot.
Monday, October 23, 2017
Tuesday, October 24, 2017
Wednesday, October 25, 2017
Thursday, October 26, 2017
Over 62,000 oil paintings and a cast including Chris O'Dowd and Saoirse Ronan bring the story of Vincent Van Gogh's life and death to the screen in the world's first feature-length painted animation. Inspired by a letter Vincent Van Gogh penned in the week before he died, in which he noted that "we cannot speak other than by our paintings", Oscar® -winning filmmaker Hugh Welchman "Peter and the Wolf" and Polish painter Dorota Kobiela decided to make a movie doing exactly that. Hiring an army of painters from across Europe, each trained in the Dutch master's style, they set out to tell his story the way he himself would.
- Director: Dorota Kobiela, Hugh Welchman
- Principal Cast: Helen McCrory, Jerome Flynn, Saoirse Ronan, Aidan Turner, Robert Gulaczyk,
- Country: United Kingdom, Poland
- Year: 2017
- Running Time: 95 min
- Producer: Sean M. Bobbitt, Ivan Mactaggart, Hugh Welchman
- Screenplay: Jacek Dehnel, Dorota Kobiela, Hugh Welchman
- Cinematographers: Tristan Oliver, Lukasz Zal
- Language: English
- Rating: PG-13