Opens March 29, 2019
A young mother drifts from one motel to the next with her intoxicated boyfriend, and her 8-year-old son. The makeshift family scrapes by, living one hustle at a time, until the discovery of a mobile home community offers an alternative life.
Ali, her son Bone, and her boyfriend Evan lead an itinerant life, skipping out on diner bills, crashing in cheap motels and empty trailers, selling birds for cockfights and hustling to get by. But while Evan has grand ideas about building a life together, the reality he's capable of is a far cry from their dreams, and his questionable parenting worries Ali. When the uneasy family unit is unexpectedly separated, it opens the door to a different life for Ali and Bone.
Set against the icy backdrop of winter on the border of the US and Canada, Vladimir de Fontenay's gritty first feature observes characters on society's margins, and how a life without roots can affect these vulnerable yet resilient individuals.
- Director: Vladimir de Fontenay
- Principal Cast: Imogen Poots, Callum Turner, Callum Keith Rennie
- Country: Canada, France
- Year: 2017
- Running Time: 106 minutes
- Producer: Frédéric de Goldschmidt, Eric Dupont, Mike MacMillan
- Screenplay: Vladimir de Fontenay, Danielle Lessovitz
- Cinematographers: Benoit Soler
- Language: English