Opens March 16, 2018
Part black comedy, part romance, part family drama, Oh Lucy! is a hilarious, touching, and heart-breaking road movie about love, loneliness and connection. Director Atsuko Hirayanagi proves she's one to watch in her feature debut and actress Shinobu Terajima shines in one of the best roles of her career.
Setsuko (Terajima) is a single, emotionally unfulfilled woman, seemingly stuck with a drab, meaningless life in Tokyo. At least until she's convinced by her niece, Mika to enroll in an unorthodox English class that requires her to wear a blonde wig and take on an American alter ego named "Lucy." This new identity awakens something dormant in Setsuko, and she quickly develops romantic feelings for her American instructor, John (Josh Hartnett). When John suddenly disappears from class and Setsuko learns that he and her niece were secretly dating, Setsuko enlists the help of her sister, Ayako and the pair fly halfway across the world to the outskirts of Southern California in search of the runaway couple.
- Director: Atsuko Hirayanagi
- Principal Cast: Josh Hartnett, Shinobu Terajima, Kaho Minami, Koji Yakusho, Shioli Kutsuna
- Country: USA, Japan
- Year: 2017
- Running Time: 95 min
- Producer: Jessica Elbaum, Atsuko Hirayanagi, Yukie Kito, Han West
- Screenplay: Atsuko Hirayanagi, Boris Frumin
- Cinematographers: Paula Huidobro
- Language: English, Japanese