Opens August 17, 2018
Kelly Macdonald (Trainspotting, No Country for Old Men) stars as a suburban housewife who discovers an unexpected talent for solving jigsaw puzzles, leading her to partner with a competitive puzzle champion (Irrfan Khan, The Lunchbox) and unlock passions she had never before imagined.
In Marc Turtletaub's latest film, the jigsaw puzzle is the unlikely catalyst to a middle-aged woman's awakening to new passions in her colorless domestic world. One of the gifts Agnes (Kelly Macdonald) receives for her birthday is a 1,000-piece jigsaw puzzle, which, to her astonishment, she completes-twice-in just a few hours. Feeling the need to explore this latent talent, she spots an ad from a "puzzle champion" in need of a worthy partner. That's how Agnes meets Robert (Irrfan Khan), who shares her temperament and gift for spatial relations. Puzzle manages to mine drama, emotion, and inspiration from the dullest of pastimes, proving that it's never too late to find the missing pieces in one's life.
- Director: Marc Turtletaub
- Principal Cast: Kelly Macdonald, Irrfan Khan, Liv Hewson, David Denman
- Country: USA
- Year: 2018
- Running Time: 103 minutes
- Producer: Wren Arthur, Peter Saraf, Guy Stodel
- Screenplay: Oren Moverman, Natalia Smirnoff
- Cinematographers: Chris Norr
- Editors: Catherine Haight
- Music: Dustin O'Halloran
- Website: Official Film Website
- Language: English