Taste of Cherry
Opens September 20, 2019
Winner of the Palme d'Or at the 1997 Cannes Film Festival, Kiarostami's Taste of Cherry is an emotionally complex meditation on life and death.
Friday, September 20, 2019
Saturday, September 21, 2019
Sunday, September 22, 2019
Middle-aged Mr. Badii (Homayoun Ershadi) drives through the hilly outskirts of Tehran, searching for someone to rescue or bury him. Along the way, he picks up three passengers, all from different walks of life, eliciting different views on mortality and individual choice.
Description courtesy of Janus Films.
"Taste of Cherry confirmed Kiarostami as the most acclaimed director of Iran's rich film culture."—Sean Axmaker, Turner Classic Movies
- Director: Abbas Kiarostami
- Principal Cast: Homayoun Ershadi, Abdolrahman Bagheri, Afshin Khorshid Bakhtiari
- Country: Iran, France
- Year: 1997
- Running Time: 95 minutes
- Producer: Alain Depardieu, Abbas Kiarostami
- Screenplay: Abbas Kiarostami
- Cinematographers: Homayun Payvar
- Language: Persian
- Has Subtitles: Yes