Opens July 20, 2018
Blessed with strong, sensitive performances from his leading actors, writer/director Ofir Raul Graizer crafts an indelible film about loneliness and yearning, filled with sensuous textures and mouthwatering pastries.
Thomas, a young and talented German baker, is having an affair with Oren, an Israeli married man who dies in a car crash. Thomas travels to Jerusalem seeking answers. Keeping his secret for himself, he starts working for Anat, his lover's widow, who owns a small café. Although not fully kosher and despised by the religious, his delicious cakes turn the place into a city attraction. Finding himself involved in Anat's life in a way far beyond his anticipation, Thomas will stretch his lie to a point of no return.
- Director: Ofir Raul Graizer
- Principal Cast: Zohar Shtrauss, Sarah Adler, Tim Kalkhof, Sandra Sade
- Country: Israel, Germany
- Year: 2017
- Running Time: 104 minutes
- Producer: Mathias Schwerbrock, Itai Tamir
- Screenplay: Ofir Raul Graizer
- Cinematographers: Omri Aloni
- Language: German, Hebrew, English