May 5 - 14, 2017
Based on Herman Koch's best selling novel, The Dinner, asks the question, "How far would you go to protect your family?"
A former history teacher (Steve Coogan) and his wife Claire (Laura Linney) meet at a fancy restaurant with his elder brother (Richard Gere), a prominent politician and his wife Katelyn (Rebecca Hall). The plan is to discuss over dinner how to handle a crime committed by their teenage sons. The violent act of the two boys had been filmed by a security camera and shown on TV, but so far they have not been identified. The parents have to decide on what to do.
- Director: Oren Moverman
- Principal Cast: Richard Gere, Laura Linney, Steven Coogan, Rebecca Hall, and Chloe Sevigny
- Country: USA
- Year: 2017
- Running Time: 120 minutes
- Producer: Caldecot Chubb, Lawrence Inglee, Julia Lebedev, and Eddie Vaisman
- Screenplay: Oren Moverman; Based on the novel by Herman Koch
- Cinematographers: Bobby Bukowski
- Editors: Alex Hall
- Music: Elijah Brueggeman
- Language: English
- US Distributor: The Orchard