French Truly Salon: The Women on the 6th Floor
February 14, 2019
SIFF Film Center | French Truly Salon
Virginie's presentation | The Revolution of Love in Europe & France: transition from arranged to love marriage.
What allowed the institution of arranged marriage to transform into people marrying for love in 19th century Europe & France and how did this radical change impact on children and divorce? In this presentation, Virginie will walk you through history, following the evolution of mariage from the Middle Ages until today's 21st century. This presentation is inspired by the work of French philosopher and former Education Secretary Luc Ferry.
SIFF vouchers/passes are not accepted for this screening
Thursday, February 14, 2019
$20 | $15 for SIFF Members
Virginie is back in town for a month and excited to spend Valentine's Day with you and your loved ones.
6:30 - Doors open. Enjoy a glass of wine before the presentation
6:45 - Presentation starts
7:30 - The Women on the 6th Floor begins
- Director: Philippe Le Guay
- Principal Cast: Fabrice Luchini, Sandrine Kiberlain, Natalia Verbeke, Carmen Maura, Lola Dueñas, Berta Ojea
- Country: France
- Year: 2010
- Running Time: 102 minutes
- Producer: Etienne Comar, Philippe Rousselet
- Screenplay: Philippe Le Guay, Jérôme Tonnerre
- Cinematographers: Jean-Claude Larrieu
- Language: French, Spanish
- Has Subtitles: Yes