La Huella, The Story of a Beach Bar/Resto
October 9, 2023
Twenty years ago, three friends challenged each other to build a beach restaurant in a small, Uruguayan village. That simple seafood restaurant created a miraculous community, and became “The Best Beachside Restaurant on the Planet.”
Join us for a happy hour at Taylor Shellfish Queen Anne on October 9, 6:30-8:00pm. Lite bites offered for passholders and ticket buyers.
Individual Tickets: Select showtime to purchase
Passes: $100 | $75 SIFF Members - Access to all screenings
Select showtime for pricing and tickets.
Monday, October 9, 2023
Starting from a modest wood and straw ranch in Playa Brava, in a few years their simple beach hut achieved a mythic renown: a magical place where the shells hop directly from the ocean onto the grill, the fish becomes the best sushi in the country, caramel springs forth from a volcano cake, and the wine ages under the sea. Legend of this enchanted place soon spread, drawing adventurers and connoisseurs from across the globe, and turning this small restaurant in José Ignacio into an international destination that Bon Appétit magazine named “The Best Beachside Restaurant on the Planet.” But behind all of the superlatives were just three talented friends—Martín Pittaluga, Gustavo Barbero, and Guzmán Artagaveytia—who simply set out to create a space that was as much about creating community as it was about creating cuisine.
- Original Language Title: La Huella, historia de un Parador De Playa
- Director: Alessio Rigo de Righi
- Premiere Status: Seattle
- Country: Argentina
- Year: 2022
- Running Time: 70 min.
- Producer: Fernando Sokolowicz, Carlos Gorosito, Álvaro Rufiner, Florencia Masri, Ricky Pashkus
- Screenplay: Alessio Rigo de Righi, Álvaro Rufiner
- Cinematographers: Francisco Hauser
- Editors: Santiago Esteves
- Music: Francisco Sokolowicz
- Website: Official Film Website
- Filmography: The Tale of King Crab (2021), Il solengo (2015)
- Language: Spanish