Decision to Leave: Global One-Night Event
February 13, 2023
Park Chan-wook’s critically acclaimed Decision to Leave will return to cinemas for one night only, accompanied by a new pre-recorded conversation between Park Chan-wook and Academy Award-winner Bong Joon Ho (Parasite), exclusive to cinemas.
What happens when an object of suspicion becomes a case of obsession?
Winner of Cannes Best Director in 2022, Park Chan-wook (Oldboy, The Handmaiden) returns with a seductive romantic thriller that takes his renowned stylistic flair to dizzying new heights. When detective Hae-joon (Park Hae-il) arrives at a murder scene, he begins to suspect the dead man’s wife Seo-rae (Tang Wei) may know more than she initially lets on. But as he digs deeper into the investigation, Hae-joon finds himself trapped in a web of deception and desire, proving that the darkest mysteries lurk inside the human heart.
- Director: Park Chan-wook
- Principal Cast: Tang Wei, Park Hae-il, Go Kyung-Pyo, Teo Yoo
- Country: South Korea
- Year: 2022
- Running Time: 168 min. (Film:139 min. + Q&A 29 min.)
- Producer: Park Chan-wook, Go Dae-suk
- Screenplay: Park Chan-wook, Seo-kyeong Jeong
- Cinematographers: Ji-yong Kim
- Editors: Sang-beom Kim
- Awards: Official Oscar Submission 2023 (Best International Feature)
- Filmography: Oldboy (2003), The Handmaiden (2016)
- Language: Korean, Chinese
- US Distributor: Variance
- International Sales: CJ ENM