December 16, 2022 - January 5, 2023
Inspired by Robert Bresson's 1966 film Au Hasard Balthazar, modern Europe is explored through the eyes of a donkey who experiences joy and pain.
Content Warning: Some viewers may be upset by scenes of animal cruelty.
EO, a gray donkey with melancholic eyes and a curious spirit, begins his life as a circus performer before escaping on a trek across the Polish and Italian countryside in a journey marked by absurdity and warmth in equal measure. Legendary filmmaker Jerzy Skolimowski directs one of his most free and visually inventive films yet, placing the viewer directly in the heart and mind of the four-legged protagonist.
- Director: Jerzy Skolimowski
- Principal Cast: Sandra Drzymalska, Lorenzo Zurzolo, Mateusz Kosciukiewicz, Isabelle Huppert
- Country: Poland
- Year: 2022
- Running Time: 88 min.
- Producer: Ewa Piaskowska, Jerzy Skolimowski
- Screenplay: Ewa Piaskowska, Jerzy Skolimowski
- Cinematographers: Michał Dymek
- Editors: Agnieszka Glińska
- Music: Paweł Mykietyn
- Website: http://EO.official.film
- Awards: Cannes 2022 (Grand Jury Prize - cowinner), Official Oscar Submission 2023 (Best International Feature)
- Language: Polish
- US Distributor: Sideshow, Janus Films
- International Sales: HanWay Films