The Quiet Epidemic
February 3 - 5, 2023
From Lindsay Keys and Winslow Crane-Murdoch comes the provocative new documentary about Chronic Lyme and tick-borne disease.
Post-film Q&A with co-director Winslow Crane-Murdoch on February 3.
After years of living with a mysterious symptoms, a young girl from Brooklyn and a Duke University scientist are diagnosed with a disease said to not exist: Chronic Lyme disease. The Quiet Epidemic follows their search for answers, which lands them in the middle of a vicious medical debate. What begins as a patient story evolves into an investigation into the history of Lyme disease, dating back to its discovery in 1975. A paper trail of suppressed scientific research, and buried documents reveals why ticks—and the diseases they carry—have been allowed to quietly spread around the globe.
- Director: Lindsay Keys, Winslow Crane-Murdoch
- Country: USA
- Year: 2022
- Running Time: 102 min.
- Producer: Chris Hegedus, Lindsay Keys, Daria Lombroso
- Cinematographers: Winslow Crane-Murdoch, Lindsay Keys
- Editors: Winslow Crane-Murdoch, Mark Harrison
- Website: Official Film Website
- Language: English
- US Distributor: First Run Features