Applications are now closed.
Accreditation entitles media to request interviews, access to press screenings, and limited access to public screenings. Submitting an application does not automatically guarantee accreditation. Returning and new applicants are required to complete the SIFF 2022 Press Accreditation Application.
- Application Deadline: March 14, 2022
- Approval Notifications: March 24, 2022
- Seattle International Film Festival: April 14–24, 2022
Returning Journalists: There's a section to submit previous coverage of SIFF.
New Applicants: Please be prepared to upload the following information. Note: If you have covered the Seattle International Film Festival in the past but have since changed media affiliation, please apply as a new applicant.
- A letter of assignment from your editor on official company letterhead or from an official company email address. This letter must include detailed information on the type, extent, and timing of planned coverage.
- A recent film festival or film-related article written by you, including byline and published date.
- A recent digital copy of the complete publication under which you are seeking accreditation.
Please submit one application per person. If your outlet is seeking accreditation for more than one journalist, your editor may send a single letter of assignment; however, each applicant's name must be clearly listed.
Do you have interest in covering a specific event? There's a place on the application form to request access. You will be asked to include details of the intended coverage: outlet, extent of coverage, and publish date.
If you intend to cover a limited number of films under a specific topic or category, the SIFF Press Office may be able to issue complimentary tickets to specific film screenings. Please complete the application form and indicate your area of interest under "Special Interests" near the end.