Now Playing - Aug 17, 2022
Young driver Speed Racer aspires to be champion of the racing world with the help of his family and his high-tech Mach 5 automobile. All ages welcome!
Passes are available for each director's weeklong series, as well as ticket 6-packs which can be used for any Auteur August film (regardless of director).
Select showtime for pricing and tickets.
Born to race cars, Speed Racer (Emile Hirsch) is aggressive, instinctive and, most of all, fearless. His only real competition is the memory of the brother he idolized—the legendary Rex Racer, whose death in a race has left behind a legacy that Speed is driven to fulfill. Speed is loyal to the family racing business, led by his father, Pops Racer (John Goodman), the designer of Speed's thundering Mach 5. When Speed turns down a lucrative and tempting offer from Royalton Industries, he not only infuriates the company's maniacal owner (Roger Allam) but uncovers a terrible secret—some of the biggest races are being fixed by a handful of ruthless moguls who manipulate the top drivers to boost profits. If Speed won't drive for Royalton, Royalton will see to it that the Mach 5 never crosses another finish line. The only way for Speed to save his family's business and the sport he loves is to beat Royalton at his own game. With the support of his family and his loyal girlfriend, Trixie (Christina Ricci), Speed teams with his one-time rival—the mysterious Racer X (Matthew Fox)—to win the race that had taken his brother's life: the death-defying, cross-country rally known as The Crucible.
- Director: Lana Wachowski, Lilly Wachowski
- Principal Cast: Emile Hirsch, Susan Sarandon, Christina Ricci, John Goodman, Kiroyuki Sanada
- Country: USA
- Year: 2008
- Running Time: 135 min.
- Producer: Joel Silver, Grant Hill, Lana Wachowski, Lilly Wachowski
- Screenplay: Lana Wachowski, Lilly Wachowski, Tatsuo Yoshida
- Cinematographers: David Tattersall
- Editors: Zach Staenberg, Roger Barton
- Music: Micahel Giacchino
- Filmography: Matrix Resurrections (2021), Jupiter Ascending (2015), Cloud Atlas (2012), Speed Racer (2008), The Matrix Revolutions (2003), The Matrix Reloaded (2003), The Matrix (1999), Bound (1996)
- Language: English
- US Distributor: WB Classics