Noir City: Kiss the Blood Off My Hands
February 12, 2023
War profiteering is the backdrop of this London-set noir where a traumatized American GI goes on the run after killing a man in a pub.
Individual Tickets: $15 | $10 SIFF members
Passes (valid for all Noir City screenings): $150 | $100 SIFF members
SIFF year-round passes and vouchers are not valid for Noir City screenings.
Select showtime for pricing and tickets.
Sunday, February 12, 2023
War profiteering, 1940s-style, is the backdrop of this London-set noir, in which a traumatized American GI (Burt Lancaster) goes on the run after killing a man in a pub. Joan Fontaine is his only hope for salvation, Robert Newton his nemesis. The first film produced by Lancaster's Norma Productions, which recreated twenty square blocks of London on the Universal backlot, brilliantly photographed by Russell Metty. Miklós Rózsa contributed the highly effective score.
Photo courtesy of The Film Noir Foundation. Note courtesy of Noir City.
- Director: Norman Foster, Robert Siodmak
- Principal Cast: Joan Fontaine, Burt Lancaster, Robert Newton
- Country: USA
- Year: 1948
- Running Time: 79 min.
- Producer: Harold Hecht, Burt Lancaster, Richard Vernon, Norman Deming
- Screenplay: Leonardo Bercovici
- Cinematographers: Russell Metty
- Editors: Milton Carruth
- Music: Miklós Rózsa
- Filmography: Fury of the Dragon (1976), The Green Hornet (1974), The Sign of Zorro (1958), Think Fast, Mr. Moto (1937), Charlie Chan in Reno (1939)
- Language: English
- Format: 35mm
- US Distributor: Universal Pictures