Noir City: Night Has a Thousand Eyes
February 16, 2023
A phony vaudeville mentalist is one day cursed with the actual ability to predict the future.
Individual Tickets: $15 | $10 SIFF members
Passes (valid for all Noir City screenings): $150 | $100 SIFF members
SIFF year-round passes and vouchers are not valid for Noir City screenings.
Select showtime for pricing and tickets.
Thursday, February 16, 2023
In this rarity, Edward G. Robinson stars as John Triton, a phony vaudeville mentalist who is one day cursed with the actual ability to predict the future. Gail Russell is the heiress who seems doomed by Triton's vision of her death. Or is it a scheme to steal her impending inheritance? John Farrow, a director at his most stylish in noir terrain, adapts from the novel by master of suspense Cornell Woolrich. Co-starring John Lund and William Demarest. Universal Pictures struck this print exclusively for Noir City back in 2008.
Photo courtesy of The Film Noir Foundation. Note courtesy of Noir City.
- Director: John Farrow
- Principal Cast: Edward G Robinson, Gail Russell, John Lund, Virginia Bruce
- Country: USA
- Year: 1948
- Running Time: 81 min.
- Producer: Endre Bohem
- Screenplay: Cornell Woorich, Barré Lyndon, Jonathan Latimer
- Cinematographers: John F. Seitz
- Editors: Eda Warren
- Music: Victor Young
- Filmography: Wake Island (1942), The Big Clock (1948), His Kind of Woman (1951), Around the World in 80 Days (1956)
- Format: 35mm
- US Distributor: Universal Pictures