Noir City: Raw Deal
February 12, 2023
Social worker Marsha Hunt and gangster’s moll Claire Trever duke it out for the soul of homme fatale Dennis O’Keefe.
SIFF year-round passes and vouchers are not valid for Noir City screenings.
Select showtime for pricing and tickets.
Sunday, February 12, 2023
Social worker Marsha Hunt and gangster's moll Claire Trevor duke it out for the soul of homme fatale Dennis O'Keefe in this rambunctious display of quintessential noir pulp. O'Keefe busts out of the slammer determined to get even with shyster gang-boss Raymond Burr, who wants O'Keefe dead before he reaches his San Francisco hideout. Stunning images by legendary cinematographer John Alton make this arguably the most visually stylish noir of them all. As Eddie likes to say, it's “Pure Pulp for Noir People.”
Photo courtesy of The Film Noir Foundation. Note courtesy of Noir City.
- Director: Anthony Mann
- Principal Cast: Dennis O'Keefe, Claire Trevor, Marsha Hunt
- Country: USA
- Year: 1948
- Running Time: 79 min.
- Producer: Edward Small
- Screenplay: Leopold Atlas, John C. Higgins
- Cinematographers: John Alton
- Editors: Alfred DeGaetano
- Music: Paul Sawtell
- Filmography: The Glenn Miller Story (1954), Men in War (1957), God’s Little Acre (1958), El Cid (1961)
- Language: English
- US Distributor: American Genre Film Archive