Noir City: Unfaithfully Yours
February 11, 2023
The mordantly hilarious tale of a jealous orchestra conductor envisioning three distinct plots to murder his supposedly unfaithful wife.
Individual Tickets: $15 | $10 SIFF members
Passes (valid for all Noir City screenings): $150 | $100 SIFF members
SIFF year-round passes and vouchers are not valid for Noir City screenings.
Select showtime for pricing and tickets.
Saturday, February 11, 2023
As film noir swept over late '40s Hollywood, Preston Sturges created the first full-length parody of the genre with this mordantly hilarious tale of a jealous orchestra conductor (Rex Harrison) envisioning three distinct plots to murder his supposedly unfaithful wife (Linda Darnell). Turning The Postman Always Rings Twice into uproarious comedy takes only a few tweaks and twists for this genuinely brilliant auteur. Side-splitting farce is made even funnier by Harrison's demonically deadpan portrayal of the megalomaniacal would-be murderer.
Note courtesy of Noir City.
- Director: Preston Sturges
- Principal Cast: Rex Harrison, Linda Darnell, Rudy Vallée, Barbara Lawrence
- Country: USA
- Year: 1948
- Running Time: 105 min.
- Producer: Preston Sturges
- Screenplay: Preston Sturges
- Cinematographers: Victor Milner
- Editors: Robert Fritch
- Music: Alfred Newman
- Filmography: Sullivan’s Travels (1941), The Great McGinty (1940), Hail the Conquering Hero (1944), The Miracle of Morgan’s Creek (1944)
- Language: English
- US Distributor: 20th Century Fox, Disney