Opens July 8, 2022
In the debut feature film from Greek director Christos Nikou, an unpredictable, sweeping pandemic causes people to develop sudden amnesia and a man finds himself enrolled in a recovery program designed to help him build a new life.
Select showtime for pricing and tickets.
Friday, July 8, 2022
Saturday, July 9, 2022
Sunday, July 10, 2022
Amidst a worldwide pandemic that causes sudden amnesia, middle-aged Aris (Aris Servetalis) finds himself enrolled in a recovery program designed to help unclaimed patients build new identities. Prescribed daily tasks on cassette tapes so he can create new memories and document them on camera, Aris slides back into ordinary life, meeting Anna (Sofia Georgovasili), a woman who is also in recovery. Through images deadpan, strange and surreal, Greek writer-director Christos Nikou posits a beguiling reflection on memory, identity, and loss, exploring how a society might handle an irreversible epidemic through one man’s story of self-discovery. Are we the sum of the images we compile and display of ourselves, or are we something richer, and deeper?
- Original Language Title: Mila
- Director: Christos Nikou
- Principal Cast: Aris Servetalis, Sofia Georgovasili
- Country: Greece, Poland, Slovenia
- Year: 2020
- Running Time: 91 min.
- Screenplay: Christos Nikou, Stavros Raptis
- Cinematographers: Bartosz Swiniarski
- Editors: Giorgios Zafeiris
- Music: The Boy
- Filmography: Debut Feature Film
- Language: Greek
- Has Subtitles: Yes
- US Distributor: Cohen Media Group
- International Sales: Alpha Violet